Details of Unguja Lodge
Unguja Lodge is a small owner-run LUXURY hide-away enjoying a private and tucked away beach location in Kizimkazi on the southern tip of Zanzibar.
All villas consist of a:
- spacious bedroom with double bed (6x7 ft, 185x215 cm),
- mosquito net,
- ceiling fan and private safe - open plan sitting room (baraza-style)
- open plan spacious shower room,
- separate toilet,
- loft with extra DBL bed,
- private terrace.
Six sea view villas
All have direct sea view, including a private terrace directly overlooking the Menai Bay.
One back row sea view villa
The same as the sea view villas but is situated a little bit behind one of the sea view villas. This villa still has beautiful sea view.
Three baobab villas
Are situated in the garden around a huge baobab tree. These villas have no sea view but all three have their own plunge pool and AC in the bedroom.
Two family houses
Has direct sea view and consists of the following: Downstairs:
- bedroom with DBL bed (6x7 ft, 185x215 cm), mosquito net, ceiling fan, AC in one of the two houses,
- bathroom/toilet en suite
- extra open plan bathroom/toilet
- open plan sitting room
- sitting room inside
- sea view terrace
- two smaller bedrooms both with 2 SNGL beds that can be put together to make a double bed,
mosquito nets, fan, AC in one of the two houses (in the other house AC will be installed in
May 2012), bathroom/toilet en suite
Early morning tea and coffee is served in the villas.
All warm things like eggs, pancakes, sausages, bacon can be ordered with the waiters. All fresh things are on the buffet table like bread rolls, croissants, pastry, milk, yoghurt, muesli, cereals, cheese and a variety of fresh fruits available on the island.
A la carte plus a three course chef’s choice.
Four o’clock tea, coffee and pastry Six o’clock snacks
A choice of two starters, one is always vegetarian.
A choice of three main dishes, one with fish or seafood, one with meat and one vegetarian A choice of two deserts
Coffee or tea with amarula
Serves all drinks, including freshly made cocktails and smoothies. We have an interesting selection of wines!
Services and activities
- Honeymoon extra’s
- Free wireless internet
- Long Distance calls
- Tourist information
- Laundry service
- Airport and Tour Transport
- reading corner
- Guided village tour
- Water activities like diving, snorkelling, dolphin watching, island visits, sunset cruises,
kayaking, surfing etc.
- Massages (Full Body, Swahili Head, Back & Neck, Foot scrub and Massage)
Short OverviewThe 10 spacious villas are all privately set and lavishly expansive. Each villa is beautifully built, crafted and furnished in Zanzibar style.
Unguja Lodge is a small lodge with an intimate atmosphere in Kizimkazi, the Southern tip of Zanzibar.
- Air condition
- On the beach
- Scuba diving