Details of Three Day Rwandan Gorilla Trekking Experience
DAY ONE - KIGALI TO VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
You'll depart from Kigali after breakfast and begin the drive north to Musanze, Rwanda's second largest city.
Nestled in the shadows of the five Virunga volcanoes, Musanze is to be your home base for your gorilla trekking experience.
DAY TWO - GORILLA TREKKING
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you'll proceed directly to the Volcanoes National Park's headquarters to meet your guides. After completing the briefing, you'll embark on the once in a lifetime experience of tracking the enigmatic mountain gorillas.
There is no guarantee how long or difficult your tracking experience will be as it depends on where the family of gorillas is and on weather conditions, It can take anywhere from two up to six hours of trekking through the mountain forest at relatively high altitudes. Fitness is definitely recommended for those wishing to undertake the excursion.
One of the most memorable experiences you're likely to ever have, you'll be allowed an hour of close contact with the gorillas once you've found them. You'll be privileged enough to come within mere metres of a family of these rare and beautiful animals, observing their family dynamics and getting to learn a bit about each gorilla's distinct personality in serene silence.
After your hike is complete, you can choose to return to your lodge to relax or take part in a number of local activities such as the Musanze cave tour and the Iby Iwacu Cultural Village.
DAY THREE - VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK - KIGALI
After breakfast, we'll bid the Volcanoes National Park goodbye before hitting the road back to Kigali.
Once we return to the Rwandan capital, you'll be treated to a complimentary city tour which may include the craft markets, Kigali Museum, and the Gisozi Genocide Memorial.
• All meals on the safari. When staying at lodges it will be on full board basis.
• All Park entrance fees & taxes.
• All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
• EMES rescue insurance for the time of the tour with Shadows of Africa.
• Game safari to national parks as specified
• Hotel/lodge/camp accommodation for the duration of the safari.
• Private 4x4 wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch and sliding windows for 360-degree view of the wildlife surrounding you
• First aid kit - Every safari vehicle comes standard with a fully stocked first aid kit. Our guides are all trained in providing basic first aid.
• Spare tires - for any unforeseen issues that may arise on bumpy African outback
• Charging station - Each car includes a charging station so you can charge your phone, camera battery, or laptop while on the road.
• WIFI - Our Rwandan vehicles come standard with Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected while on the road, of course this depends on reception.
• Wildlife tours according to your itinerary prefere
• Entry visas
• International flights
• Tips and gratuities to your own driver/ guide
• Tips and gratuities to park rangers and porters
• Travel insurance