Podrobno o Robanda Safari Camp
Robanda Safari Camp
Robanda Safari Camp currently has 5 luxury and 5 "bush style" permanent tents.
The luxury tents are very spacious, with either double or twin beds and annex bathroom. The private verandah looks out over the Serengeti plains.
The "bush style" tents are in fact large mobile tents, which have been put up in a permanent way. Each tent has its own private bathroom with bush shower and toilet.
Relaxing on your private veranda you have a nice view over the plains with herds of wildebeest and zebra. There is a panoramic open restaurant with fine cuisine and a well-stocked bar. Animals come and go to a water hole only 30 meters away from the bar. Robanda Safari Camp, bar Wildlife protection and community development Part of the income generated by the Safari Camp is invested in community development programmes such as dispensaries, schools,...
This way the people living in Serengeti district can benefit directly from wildlife protection. The area has a dense wildlife concentration throughout the year : buffalos, many girafes, big herds of elephants, lions, cheetahs,...
Robanda at a glance…..
- 7 spacious stented rooms with large attached bathroom
- Each tent has its private veranda
- Bathroom: shower, flush toilet, wash hand basin, soap, towels, bottled water
- Mosquito nets, mosquito coils, candles & matches
- Electric lights in tent and bathroom
- Charging possibilities for cameras, batteries, etc
- Restaurant and bar, with look out tower
- Full & half board rates; lunch boxes available
- Camp fire
- Night game drive, Nature walk, Visit to local Maasai village, Traditional dances, balloon safari pick up from the camp.
- Airstrip nearby
On March 22nd, 2011, the camp manager reported : Two days ago we had a pride of 4 lions in the camp that stayed all night next to the restaurant and tents. Two of our staff had to sleep in the kitchen as they couldn't leave with the lions just outside. The lions then spent the rest of the night on my baraza.