Pilanesberg National Reserve
Details van Pilanesberg National Reserve
- Size: Approximately 572 square kilometres.
- Location: South Africa-Botswana border.
- Best Time: May to September.
- Known For: Big Five, beautiful scenery, and accessibility.
- To Do: Game drives, nearby Sun City casino.
Located close to Johannesburg and Pretoria, small Pilanesberg National Reserve packs the entirety of the Big Five into its crater-walled confines.
With elephants and white rhinos especially abundant, the park is also home to buffalo, lions, and leopards in limited numbers. Its accessible location and proximity to the popular Sun City Casino and entertainment district make it a good option for parents travelling with children.
A transition zone between the Kalahari and the Lowveld, Pilaneserg National Reserve is a popular Big Five game viewing destination due to its accessibility and its unique location within the eroded crater of an extinct volcano.