Details of Iby Iwacu Cultural Village Visit
A project aimed at both improving the lives of reformed poachers and raising awareness of pre-Colonial Rwandan culture, the Iby Iwacu Cultural Village is a unique attraction in Rwanda - offering visitors the chance to interact with local people and learn more about their lives and their history.
No two visits to Iby Iwacu are the same, with a variety of activities available to visitors including:
- Visiting a replica of the King's Palace, learning about its history, a nd taking on the mantle of King to try your hand at exercising power over your subjects.
- Demonstrations of traditional dance and music.
- Learn about traditional medicine with a local healer.
- Guided visits to local clinics and pharmacies to speak with the elderly about the Colonial era.
- Visit and even teach at a local school.
- Learn how to cook local food and dine with the locals.
- Learn how to brew the potent banana beer.
- Practice traditional hunting techniques.
- Learn how to make Batwa poetry.
- Attend a local football match.
Even a brief visit can be an informative and entertaining one, with just a few hours needed to wander the Cultural Village on a guided tour as you learn about various facets of Rwandan life.