Details of Four Day Gorilla Trekking Experience
DAY ONE - KIGALI - VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
You'll be picked up from your hotel or the airport and begin the journey to Musanze, Rwanda's second largest city.
Set against the backdrop of the five Virunga volcanoes, Musanze will be your base from which to explore Volcanoes National Park.
DAY TWO - GORILLA TREKKING, DAY ONE
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you'll proceed directly to the Volcanoes National Park's headquarters to meet your guides. After completing the briefing, you'll embark on the once in a lifetime experience of tracking the enigmatic mountain gorillas.
There is no guarantee how long or difficult your tracking experience will be as it depends on where the family of gorillas is and on weather conditions, It can take anywhere from two up to six hours of trekking through the mountain forest at relatively high altitudes. Fitness is definitely recommended for those wishing to undertake the excursion.
One of the most memorable experiences you're likely to ever have, you'll be allowed an hour of close contact with the gorillas once you've found them. You'll be privileged enough to come within mere metres of a family of these rare and beautiful animals, observing their family dynamics and getting to learn a bit about each gorilla's distinct personality in serene silence.
Once your time with the gorillas is done, you'll return to your hotel for lunch.
If time allows, you may wish to pay a visit to the nearby Twin Lakes or to the Iby Iwacu Cultural Village during the afternoon. You may, of course, simply wish to relax at your lodge.
DAY THREE - GORILLA TREKKING, DAY TWO - KIGALI
You'll again start the day with an early breakfast before driving to the National Park for your second day with the gorillas. As you again view these gentle giants in their natural habitat, reflect on just how lucky you are to be seeing them. As mountain gorillas cannot survive in captivity, you're one of the rare few who can experience these beautiful beasts and observe their remarkably human behaviour.
Your hour with the gorillas will pass all too quickly, and then it's time to return to the hotel in Kigali
DAY FOUR - KIGALI CITY TOUR
After breakfast, you'll be treated to a complimentary city tour which may include the craft markets, Kigali Museum, and the Genocide Memorial.
You'll also be afforded time to do some last minute souvenir shopping before being driven to the airport for your flight home.
• All meals on the safari. When staying at lodges it will be on full board basis.
• All Park entrance fees & taxes.
• All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
• EMES rescue insurance for the time of the tour with Shadows of Africa.
• Game safari to national parks as specified
• Hotel/lodge/camp accommodation for the duration of the safari.
• Private 4x4 wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch and sliding windows for 360-degree view of the wildlife surrounding you
• First aid kit - Every safari vehicle comes standard with a fully stocked first aid kit. Our guides are all trained in providing basic first aid.
• Spare tires - for any unforeseen issues that may arise on bumpy African outback
• Charging station - Each car includes a charging station so you can charge your phone, camera battery, or laptop while on the road.
• WIFI - Our Rwandan vehicles come standard with Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected while on the road, of course this depends on reception.
• Wildlife tours according to your itinerary preferences.
• All game viewing activities specified Safari
• Entry visas
• International flights
• Tips and gratuities to your own driver/ guide
• Tips and gratuities to park rangers and porters
• Travel insurance